Tips on the correct use of mouth and nose protection masks
In times of the corona virus, not a day goes by without a discussion about how the number of infected people can be further reduced, while at the same time initial easing measures can be implemented. The pros and cons of introducing compulsory mouth and nose protection in public transport, supermarkets and where people work closely together are being intensively considered.
If a so-called MNS (mouth and nose protection) is used for protection, there are a few things to consider, because if used incorrectly, germs can possibly be transmitted and unconsciously enter the respiratory tract.
The following section explains five steps for the correct use of a mouth and nose protector in everyday life:
1. Wash your hands: Before putting on the mask, wash your hands thoroughly (at least 20 sec.) or disinfect them.
2. Check the mouth & nose protection: Before putting on the mouth and nose protector, check that it is in good condition and that the retaining straps are undamaged. Important: One coloured or printed side belongs to the outside and the integrated nose clip (metal clip) to the top.
3. Put on the mouth & nose protection: Place the mouth and nose protector over the face. Then fix the retaining straps behind the ears and adjust the nose clip individually. Then pull the mask under the chin.
4. Take off the mouth & nose protection: Before removing the mouth and nose protection, wash your hands thoroughly (at least 20 seconds) or disinfect them. Then hold the mouth and nose protector by its straps and remove it from your face. Important: Do not touch the mouthguard when removing it, only touch the retaining straps.
5. Wash your hands: After disposal, wash or disinfect hands again thoroughly.
Once again graphically summarized:
You should also note the following practical tips while wearing the mouthguard:
- Remember not to reach behind the mask if you have already put it on. This can allow germs on your hands to enter your face and cause infections.
- Spectacle wearers should first put on the mask, then check that it is correctly fitted and then put on the glasses. If the fit is correct, the glasses should not fog up either.
- A mask is ineffective if it is soaked through, i.e. it should then be changed.
- Avoid additional, long periods of speaking, because breathing air is moist and speaking increases this.
- Please do not touch the front of the mask when wearing it - germs can get on your hands and be spread further.
- An MNS mask does NOT protect the wearer from a possible infection, but the wearer protects OTHERS from a possible infection!
- If the information and tips are followed, mouth and nose protection can be an additional measure to reduce the spread of infection.
Our employees and their relatives are also applying the tips for using the mouth and nose protection these days, so that wissner-bosserhoff can continue to fulfil its mission to supply clinics and nursing home beds with medical products in the best possible way.
We wish you all the best with and without the use of the mouthguard and above all: Stay healthy or get healthy again very quickly!